- Training Programmes
This section of our site provides an overview of the courses and other work that we offer from duncan williamson ltd
- Four Areas
These are the four main areas of our work:
- Management Accounting
- Financial Accounting
- Financial Management
All courses come complete with a full set of notes, spreadsheet files, exercises and cases for delegates. In addition, as the courses are run, additional materials are often supplied on demand: these are often identified following discussion sessions in the classroom and/or one to one discussions between Duncan and his delegates during the courses.
We are always available to discuss other courses and areas for you: please ask!
Duncan uses the latest versions of all appropriate software: Microsoft Office, Smart Draw, Real Draw, Adobe Dreamweaver, Camtasia Studio, Corel Paint Shop Pro and Corel Video Studio Pro.
How can Clients Benefit?
Two stories will help you to appreciate the benefit of Duncan’s work.
- following a brief one to one session with a delegate from a company based in the Gulf, Duncan was able to provide spreadsheeting inputs into their payroll system. The benefit was that the company was now able to automate the payroll analysis routine by using a spreadsheet tool they had not previously heard of. The effort required to complete this task fell from one person week per month to five person MINUTES per month
- a delegate to a cost accounting course asked Duncan if it were possible to automate the reapportionment of overheads calculations of an organisation. Duncan demonstrated three different methods that worked and provided a spreadsheet solution for the delegate that used the MMULT and MINVERSE functions
Comments on Duncan’s Previous Courses
- Well organised, even though Excel advanced tools are difficult to be presented in uninterrupted progression.
- The expertise of the lecturer
- Learn more on spreadsheet and implement in our day to day work to increase efficiency.
- Hands on approach
- Clear communication
- It was a good and advanced programme
- The useful functions that we have never known or used it before. After this training, I know it and think it is useful to apply to my job.
There are many training programmes available from duncan williamson ltd
- In House
The introductory courses outlined below are appropriate both for accounting and non accounting professionals. The more advanced courses are usually more appropriate for accounting and finance professionals: however, non accounting and non financial professionals with significant business and commercial experience could also find such courses useful. Moreover, all courses can be tailored for individual clients on demand.
Individual elements of each course can also be used as the basis of other courses. For example, see the listing of previous courses, below, for some ideas of the specific courses that Duncan might run for you.
- introductory cost accounting
- intermediate cost accounting
- introductory management accounting
- intermediate management accounting: decision making
All of the above courses include introductory to intermediate aspects of the Balanced Scorecard, Time Driven Activity Based Costing and other leading edge aspects of cost and management accounting.
- introduction to bookkeeping and accounting
- accounting for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies
- introductory International Financial Reporting Standards
- intermediate International Financial Reporting Standards
- introduction to corporate finance
- intermediate financial management
- spreadsheets for accountants
- spreadsheet modelling for accountants
The in house training programmes offered by duncan williamson ltd are designed in close collaboration with the client organisation.
We can offer short courses lasting as little as 2 - 3 days to courses lasting one to three weeks.
As with our public courses, we work in the following main areas:
- management accounting
- financial accounting
- financial management
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for request of Commercial Proposal.
duncan williamson ltd is entirely owned by duncan williamson.
The international training programme division is managed by supergirl.
Updated 11th September 2010